Fire causes smoke, water damage

By John Raffel
Correspondent

It’s been relatively quiet recently for the Marion Fire Department, although assistant chief Chris Peterson said there was a structure fire in late June in Middle Branch Township.

The structure was located in the area of Fifth Avenue and 13 Mile Road. It was a house fire.

“It started in the laundry room and we were able to contain the fire to just the laundry room,” Peterson said. “The rest of the house suffered significant smoke and water damage. We were able to stop the fire right in the laundry room. I’m not sure what the insurance will do with it.”

There was someone in the home at the time, but there were no reported injuries.

“It was an elderly lady and she attempted to put a bucket of water on it,” Peterson said. “She quickly closed the door, called 911 and exited the residence.”

The Marion department had assistance from Evart and from Osceola County EMS.

There was also a small grass fire on Sunday along 20 Mile Road.

“It appears to have started from hot exhaust,” Peterson said.




Please follow and like us:
Error, no Ad ID set! Check your syntax!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Current day month ye@r *